HENRY EVENNETT HAYLOCK 1888–1954
Born June 2nd 1888 in Neatishead, Norfolk
Baptised 15th July 1888 at St Peter’s Church, Neatishead
Married in 1912 to Florence K. Stuart (born at sea), daughter Joan Stuart born 1916 (registered Bingham)
Married again 1949 Marie-Josephine Noelle
Date of death 9th December 1954 at Hitchin.
Living Wayland, Norfolk. Father Frederick, watchmaker and jeweller, mother Lily (Mountain), sister Emily. They employ both a nurse and a housekeeper.
Living Arthur St, Sherwood, father now an auctioneer.
Living in Burton Rd, Carlton, with father Frederick, auctioneer and valuer, mother Lilly and sister Kathleen, 12. He was working as an auctioneer and valuer.
1912 passed examination for Auctioneers Institute
Rank: 2nd Lieutenant, previously Lance Corporal
Military Unit: American Heavy Artillery, previously Royal Garrison Artillery, formerly Royal Engineers
Service Number: SR9398 (RGA), previously 96524 (RE)
Theatre of War: France and Flanders, date of entry 7.10.15
Posted to France. 7.10.1915, then promoted to 2nd Lieutenant in Royal Engineers (see London Gazette 11.11.1915). Transferred to Royal Garrison Artillery, also as 2nd Lt then transferred again as 2nd Lt in American Heavy Artillery (source Medal Rolls Index Cards).
Medals Awarded: 1914-1915 Star and British War by British governments and Victory by US government (UK medals forfeited and then restored)
Military Personnel Address on 1918 Electoral Register
Bailey Cottage, Water Lane, Radcliffe on Trent
His wife, known as Kate, and daughter Joan suffered civilian war deaths on 9th May 1941 in West Bridgford as a result of a German bombing raid. They are buried in West Bridgford.
From the 1922 Electoral Register
Address: Bailey Cottage, Water Lane, Radcliffe on Trent
Household: wife Florence Kate
From the 1939 Register
Address: 10 Attenborough Lane, Chilwell
Occupation: Chartered Surveyor working for Chilwell Central Ordnance War Department
Household: he is divorced and living alone
Reasons for inclusion on Radcliffe on Trent Roll of Honour
Radcliffe on Trent address in 1918 when on active service