Project Description

GEORGE HENRY HUSKINSON 1883–1938

RGA

Born 15th January 1883 Holme Pierrepont, Notts.

Baptised 18th February 1883 at the Wesleyan Methodist Church, Radcliffe on Trent

Married 1908 to Clara Stretton. Two daughters, Clarice born 1911 and Phyllis born 1912 and one son Sydney Frederick born 1909.

Died 30th November 1938 at Nottingham General Hospital, living at Dunmore House, Main Road, Radcliffe on Trent

Buried in Radcliffe Cemetery, grave reference B88, no headstone

Radcliffe  on Trent School Register

Admitted to Radcliffe on Trent school 10 May 1886, son of Frederick of Lamcote Fields.

1891 Census

Living on Ellis Street, Kirkby in Ashfield with parents Frederick age 32, coal miner, mother Selina 32, sisters Emma 10, Ada 9, Elizabeth 2, Louisa 8 months and brother, Sidney 2. (1881 Census, parents living Lamcote Field Farm, Radcliffe on Trent)

1901 Census

Living at 13 Unity Street, Kirkby in Ashfield with parents and siblings Thirza age 20, Annie 19, milk seller, Ada 19, Robert 16, milk seller, Eleanor 12, Sidney 12 and Louisa 10. Father was a milk seller and colliery labourerand George Henry, now referred to as Henry, was a pork butcher.

1911 Census:

Visiting Valentine Coleman and family at 34 Yorke St, Hucknall Torkard with wife Clara and son Sydney. Occupation butcher.

Military Service

Rank: Gunner

Service Number: 168882

Military Unit: Royal Garrison Artillery

Theatre of War: Unconfirmed but likely to have been France and Flanders

Medals Awarded: British War and Victory

Military Personnel Address on 1918 Electoral Register

Victoria Road (Street), Radcliffe on Trent

Other Information

1912 Kelly’s Directory: Butcher at 66 Station St., Kirkby in Ashfield.

George, known as Harry, was a Radcliffe butcher; his son continued the business and lived in Shelford Road Council Houses.

From the 1922 Electoral Register

Address: Victoria Street, Radcliffe on Trent

Household: living with wife Clara

Reasons for inclusion on Radcliffe  on Trent Roll of Honour

Went to school in Radcliffe on Trent, address in 1918 when on active service.